Wednesday, May 26, 2021

May 26, 2021: SQ (light), BP

walk hang from RT hang from rings, play a little with straight-arm push-down from rings SQ: 165 lb x 6, 185 lb x 4 BP: 135 lb x 5, 155 x 3 165 x 5, 5 - one of the j-hooks came out of the rack - replacement j-hooks, insufficiently padded and with some flex tape added, altogether not a winning combination! With the current setup I have, getting out from under the bar was pretty uncomfortable as I had to roll it down my body until it got to my hips before the bar was resting on the safeties. Change of plans, then - learn the floor press (FP): FP: 135 lb x 0 - can't figure out how to get the weight into position watch a YouTube or two, then bar x 10 65 lb x 10 85 x 10 105 x 10 Seems my bridge point is more like my belly button than my hips. Thank you to my wife for giving me feedback about body, bar, hand, etc., positions on my first day doing these. NB: my shoulders downright hurt, even with an empty bar, the first few reps as my body and brain tried to figure out what to do, but that went away as I sorted things out. Also worthy of note that my grip is much narrower. No DL today - it's been enough for the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment