Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Variety - BW-Only Windmills, Assisted 1-Arm PU, HLR

Some nice stretching on thick mats to start

PU/CU variations - a few of a variety of them, the hardest being 1 finger over assisting 1 hand under, always pulling chin straight up to the main side.  Got 3 each side assisting w/ 2 fingers - that's a better rep range for me, single finger assisting is too tough, especially pulling left w/ right assisting.

Windmills, bw only, 5 or 6 each side - good for the hips, good for the hamstrings, good for all those little glute and lower back muscles.  Try to focus on maximum rearward displacement of bearing hip, and keeping bearing side big toes on the ground.

A few airborne lunges - I have no control over the bottom of the movement so I'm only going as deep as I can manage.  Dorsiflexion is definitely an issue here, especially on my left side.  Will need to find a suitable box for the back knee and gradually increase the ROM from there.

HLR: as usual of late, one to the left and one to the right.  Tried looking mostly down - at a spot about 2 feet in front of me on the floor - seems to do the trick as well or better as looking straight ahead, will see what Pavel, Rif, Max and company have to say - asked on the RKC-only forum.

28 kg: mil press, lf, 1 - just to make sure I can keep doing these, and this lets me skip it tomorrow.

HLR: as above one more time.

Splits work on the front porch.

A nice variety/easy day - onward and upward, Comrades!

No comments:

Post a Comment