Wednesday, August 1, 2012

A Day Off then FSQ/BP today

Tuesday, yesterday, I did no exercise - I had planned to have FSQ and BP day but, boy, was I tired, probably largely due to having stayed up later than usual to watch the Olympics on TV the night before.  I decided to take the day off and even took a nap in the afternoon, and today, Wednesday, I'm still a little tired but I intend to lift today.

Tomorrow, Thursday, I'm flying to MN to take part in the Bodyweight Exercise Workshop over Friday through Sunday.

Today:

28: mil press/pu: 1 (bell on left foot), 1 (bell on right foot) - videotaped this one, here's a link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EeVk_e1y3yg

NB: This is my RKC-II press weight for my age if I elected to go in at my daily 153 lbs.   If I drop below 150, and since I compete as a 148 in PL, I do this regularly, then my RKC-II press weight is 24 kg.

I'm not sure where my 32 kg press is these days, but I can certainly do 28 kg for more than one single in a workout and probably could do a few doubles or triples.  In other words, my kettlebell military press is "good enough" for my current goals, which are to increase my powerlifting numbers while not losing my kettlebell press entirely.  Maybe an improved bench press actually starts to help my kettlebell military press if my bench press improves enough.

FSQ: bar x 2, 135 x 2, 4, 6, 4 - tried my wife pulling right knee inward w/ jumpstretch mini for final set but it didn't work, just dropped it in the middle, will revisit in the future - it's a good idea, we just need to find a place for her to be.

Took about a 45 min. break to teach a lesson, then:

DB BP: 35 lb. dumbbells x 4, pause and exhale

BP: bar x 5,
135 x 8, pinkies just inside rings
135 x 8, same grip - almost too easy
145 x 5, same grip, still pretty easy for the first few reps and stil could have cranked out another or two

WHEEL: Standing, on board w/ top end on 4th step, 3 reps to full extension

Onward and Upward, Comrades


No comments:

Post a Comment