Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Week 1, Day 2 - Repeat Yesterday

Again, Crane Pistol each side but this time, able to spend a few shallow breaths in the bottom position.  Again as part of a quick qigong routine, and again followed by 1A1L pushups on the porch railing, but this time the reps were better - 3 each way and not alternating, just 3 right arm and 3 left.

FSQ:

bar x 12 - pause

125 x 8  - paused, 8 - paused, 10 - bounced,  Weight is +5 from yesterday, same set/rep/pause-bounce scheme.  Hands not happy under the bar today, probably just need to stretch them a little more after the pushups.

My previous cycle started with 135 x 5 - this is a lot more reps with basically the same weights and it's what I need.  A little muscle on my skinny thighs won't hurt. :)  If I lift Th/Fri this week and the goin' is still good, I'll hit 135 x 8 reps x 3 sets on Friday

24: mil press, lf, 3, 3, 2 - total 8, best yet this cycle, form continues to refine itself and improve.  The clean is everything, and when my clean gets better, my press will, too.

WHEEL, standing 4th step, 2 - no more time today

Onward and Upward

No comments:

Post a Comment