Saturday, March 30, 2013

Post-PR Variety: Windmills, 1-leg DL's, side splits

I thought about lifting, but after a PR Front Squat 2 days ago, I still feel in need of more rest and recovery.

I had a chance to look myself over and stand on the scale today - I've got muscles in my quads, just above my knees, that I haven't had since I was a serious cyclist.  I've also gained a couple of pounds - weighed 155, almost 156 this morning.

Also thought about running but it didn't happen today.

Also thought about pistols and pushups but decided I needed a rest from those, too.  Decided against ab work, too, but did consider it.  A much needed rest from all the usual stuff, and that's appropriate on the weekend for me.

Walked a bit, perhaps 1 or 1.5 miles.

Worked the cossack sequence, then did it again later and continued into side splits - felt fantastic!

Did a few windmills each side with only 12 kg - I should do these more often.

Did a few one-leg deadlifts with a pair of 20 kg bells - not hard, did a single right, a single left, then 2 reps right and 2 reps left.  These also ought to be in my program more often, even as warmups.

Onward and Upward - we'll see what happens tomorrow, but maybe no lifting until Monday.




No comments:

Post a Comment