Monday, March 11, 2013

More of the Same - Sets of 8 in the FSQ

Took it easy on Saturday.

Yesterday, Sunday, walked 3 miles with my wife, and just before dinner, decided to do a pistol each side on the front porch and got my best pistols to date of the last few months - yeah!

This morning, a quick Crane Frolic qigong, including the Crane Pistol, on the front porch.  Finished with 3 1A1L pushups each side using the porch railing.  Didn't feel great on my back on the second side, which was left hand and right leg, bit of pressure on the herniated disc.  I'm thinking that all this one-sided, bw-type stuff needs to happen as warmup and/or finishers, and I'm hoping that warmups done this way will make the heavy lifting go better.

OHS - stick, a few bouncy reps

FSQ:

bar x 8 - pause

120 x 8 - paused, 8 - paused, 10 - bounced,  Weight is +5 from Friday, and if I keep going +5 twice a week, I'm going to be one very strong camper 10 weeks from now.  That might not happen but I'm going 3 sets x 8 reps until I can't do it, and right now, I'm not close to my limit.  I am definitely feeling it where I need to, front of thighs, a good thing - not so much during but later in the day and on rest days.  This is the desired effect.

FSQ'ed Mon/Tue/Wed/Fri last week, that's 4 days.  Maybe we'll go for that or maybe 3 days this week, we'll see how tomorrow feels.

24: mil press, lf, 3, 4 - long rest between sets (phone call)

WHEEL, standing 4th step, 2, 2 - video 2nd set

http://youtu.be/nj49CMUDJns

Notes - my head is tucked in a little too much to get truly full extension, but this posture is also more protective of my back, and I'm still getting out there pretty far.  I just started doing these last week and I will straighten out the bottom as my strength and confidence in this movement returns.

Onward and Upward

No comments:

Post a Comment