Thursday, April 3, 2014

Day 4 of Week 1 of 10 - feeling tired but strong: Easy SQ, Easy BP, Harder DL

Day 4 of Week 1 of 10

Tired today, haven't lifted 4 days in a row in a while and yesterday's bench took it out of my CNS

Warnup:

Rolling

Bent Press work - bent arm bar, then press from seated getup, both w/ 10 kg

Windmill: bw x 2L/R, 20 kg x 2L/R,

Press: 28 kg - was going to press and windmill, but got so excited about the press that I just did 1 each side and put it down - heaviest I've pressed for a while, and since this is the heaviest of my 2 possible Level-II press weights, I'm please.

Windmill: 28 kg, jerk overhead, 2L/R - excellent


SQUAT:

LBBS: 135 x 7 - and that's it


BENCH PRESS:

135 x 5 - very solid, controlled pause on chest, definitely improved form and no fear of the weight today.  Also - this could be important - made an effort not to center myself on the bench and under the weight by "feel" but really tried to look objectively, which moved me to the right, which is where I belong, I think.


DEADLIFT:

225 x 2 overhand

275 x 8 singles, starting l/u today, aimed for approximately on the :60, finished in 6:10, did nose breathing throughout.


SWING:

Hands a little beat up from the DLs so 20 as 5L, 5R, 5L, 5R on no breaks

Onward and Upward


No comments:

Post a Comment