Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Time To Cycle Lifting Program?

I had planned to lift yesterday, but I felt almost like I had a flu.  I didn't, and I feel fine today, but I think I'm getting a little "over the top."  I had my sister and her middle child here for a week, I've added a serious commitment to practicing the double bass every day to my schedule a couple of months ago, and I've been pulling some pretty heavy deadlifts.

Add to that the fact that my weight is up a couple of pounds - I know, I'm huge at 154 lbs, right? :) - and it's time to continue to listen to my body.

And add to that an upcoming USAWA meet where I'll put my effort at the Van Dam lift, a dumbbell curl from suspended split, in the to the record books, and it's time to take it easy.  I didn't finish my current cycle as planned, and that'll be OK.  What I'll do for the next 10 days until the meet is continue to train in restorative mode, plus the Van Dam lift.  That will mean bent presses, windmills, kettlebell military presses (single and double), pullups, press from a side split on the ground, and no barbell front squats, bench presse, or deadlifts.

Today

Easy stretching

Walk to run errands

Practice double bass

bw windmills, experimented with both legs stiff.

24 kg C&P, alternating singles, left first, total 4 each side.

Walk again for more errands

Onward and Upward

No comments:

Post a Comment