Monday, January 14, 2013

Week 6, Day 1 - FSQ 185 x 0, DB BP 50's x 5

Stood for 2 hours at a rehearsal yesterday - we'll see how that plays out today.

warmup:

DB BP 25's x 5, 3 breaths per rep, maximal (read - it hurts) stretch at bottom of each rep.

shoulder dislocates w/ stick, OHS w/ stick

FSQ:

bar x 8 - some paused and exhaled, some Franken grip because my left hand felt tight.

95 x 3 - exhaled

135 x 3

155 x 1 - paused

170 x 1 - no pause but no problem

My son called as I was about to do my work set and I got distracted.

185 x 1 - started to descend, back felt funny, racked it

185 x 1 - back still felt funny, descended all the way, couldn't stand up with it, left it on the pins

185 x 2 - first rep almost no movement, second rep a few inches above parallel but that's all that felt good.

185 x 1 - down, paused, came up only a little, left it on the pins - back feeling better

185 x 1 - again, left on pins but came up a bit first this time.  Back still odd

Enough squatting for today, not sure what I'll do next time but I think it will be less than 185

DB BP:

30's x 3 - paused and exhaled

40's x 3 - paused and exhaled

50's x 5 - paused but not exhaled - nice, and a PR as I've never handled a pair of 50 lb. dumbbells before.

Well, an absolutely crappy squatting day, perhaps because of the long rehearsal yesterday, perhaps because my squat weights have been too close to my limits and I'm just burned out.  I'll need to regroup for Thursday's planned squat session - my gut tells me to drop a few pound but not more than a few and go for some more volume, e.g, maybe to go back to sets of 8 with a lighter weight.  I think 5's to 3's to doubles and singles may simply be too advanced for my current squatting abilities and 8's to 5's to triples and doubles might be, or might have been, better.

Ugh...

No comments:

Post a Comment