Thursday, January 10, 2013

Week 5, Day 3: FSQ 180 x 3, BP 165 x 3

Dead tired this week.  My wife back to work after a 2-week break, feels like jet lag.  This the busiest time of year for us both - new students all the time, our big annual volunteer project, Ridgewood Jamboree, in rehearsal, a show 2 weeks before Jamboree at my wife's school, and so it goes.

IOW, happy that I'm still continuing to move forward with my lifting.

Warmup - OHS w/ empty bar, wall squats, shoulder dislocates, bodyweight windmills, a half-HLR, just to get the abs firing, with a brief pause at the 90 degree spot

FSQ:

bar x 1, 5

135 x 1, 2 - these feel heavy today, 3 - better, 2 - better still, tried letting weight move to a more centered location on foot instead of staying on heels, feels better, still must experiment.

160 x 1 - tried new center-of-foot weight feeling - infinitely better!  Can feel it activating all those pressure points (or whatever they're called) under the ball of my foot.

180 x 3 - took a phone call after previous sets and thus felt a little off - wasn't completely engaged with my "new gear" (read: I found my quads), but I have definitely found something new about squatting today.  I think warming up this way and getting used to this will absolutely help for all squats after today.

Video http://youtu.be/IMttXxZUEDk

DB BP: 25's x 5

BP:

bar x 5

135 x 3 - skipped 95, not sure if I should have

155 x 1 - still not feeling altogether warmed up and in the groove but next set will tell us

165 x 3 - yeah, not great but did touch and did pause, albeit rather briefly, on every rep.  Back stiff and sore, tough to really lean on the arch in my back today

28 kg 1-arm swing, lf, 9L + 9R in about :30 - form improving

Onward and Upward





No comments:

Post a Comment