Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Week 4, Day 2 - KB 24 kg C&P, Incline BP 100 x 8, 8, Frog DL 245 x 5

warmup - a little stretching, and a walk

24: c&p ladder 1-2-3 - did not put the bell down, good and progress.

NB: Staying truly motionless in the torso, which I tried today, means the same thing it's meant for the last 10 years, that I pinch my herniated disc when I press left - I feel it in my right leg.  I keep trying from time to time and will continue to try from time to time in the future..

NB #2: Didn't put the bell down, excellent, could do more next time, happy with this, will ladder to 4 next time or less do a second ladder to 3.

Incline BP: 100 x 8 - yes!, 8 - double yes!!  I think I'll go 105 x 5 for 2-3 sets next time because we're at that point in the cycle, even though I started incline BP late in this cycle because I just got the bench.  Really feels like it's working my left shoulder in a good way.


DL: Frog style in our current cycle:

225 x 1

245 x 5 - grip still isn't great but with Okie bar it's easier to hang on.  Will need hook grip or over/under grip pretty soon.  For both the last 2 DL days, I haven't had my right thumb even on the bar by the end of the set, just literally hanging by my fingertips.

NB: Fewer warmups is good for me for DL

NB #2: Tried Marty's suggestion of exploding up as soon as the bar touches the floor - mananged to do that, at least somewhat, at the start of the set, not so sure I was doing it at the end because I was afraid of losing my grip altogether.

HLR: 1

32: 1-leg DL, contralateral, lf, 1 each

Onward and Upward


No comments:

Post a Comment