Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Variety Day - Bodyweight

Weighed 153.6 yesterday, 153.2 this morning, 152.8 midday

Warmup - some stretching - neck work, cossacks, egyptians, hula hoops, ankle rotations.

bw-only work - been a while, will be rusty

qigong on the porch including crane pistols.  First pistol left went down but not back up again, second set was fine each side.

Decided to play w/ one-arm, one-leg pushups, again knowing I'm very rusty.  Here's how it went:

Left: 2 partial ROM on the floor, Right: full descent but couldn't come back up.

Rest

Left: full descent, pause, stop at bottom;  Right, the same

My approach is not to worry too much about whether I'm using one leg or two - it seems more natural to me to work on the one-legged version but I don't deny myself touching the other leg as needed.

I note that my glutes and abs aren't nearly as tight as they need to be for these.  If I can fix that, I think I'll have the movement.

Upstairs in the family room, tried assisting with just a finger of the other hand as needed - not sure it's what I need as it changes the center of everything.

No more for today, might try a little light GTG on these over the next few weeks to see how it goes.

Onward and Upward

No comments:

Post a Comment