Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Primal Move, Naked Warrior, Meet Prep

I haven't posted in over a week - here's why, plus today's training:

Last week, Thursday and Friday were spent at a Primal Move course put on by founder Peter Lakatos for those in the RKC leadership who weren't able to attend a previous weekend training over the summer.  What can I say about PM?  It's fantastic, a return to the child-like simplicity of movement in a fun, easily-adaptable system that is already benefitting me personally a great deal.  Much is being written and said about PM - I cannot add anything more other than to highly recommend it to everyone.

Saturday and Sunday were Pavel's "Naked Warrior" instructor certification workshop.  Again, superlatives wouldn't suffice so I'll be brief - it was the best distillation yet of the principles of Hard Style, and the most organized exercise workshop I've ever attended - the content presentation was "by the book", meaning it followed the manual closely, but it added all the things necessary to bring the concepts in the manual to life.  I elected not to take the test at the weekend because I have a powerlifting meet coming up but rest assured I will do this soon.

Monday and Tuesday - off.  No training Monday, and Tuesday, which was yesterday, just my Primal Move workout with a focus on mobility.

Wednesday, today:

FSQ: bar x a few singles

SQ:

deep and paused: bar x 5, 95 x 5 - not much pressure in belly
deep and paused:  135 x 5 - some pressure in belly

These were more warmups than usual for me but they felt necessary today

ramp-up: 165 x 1, 195 x 1

215 x 1 - was planning on 215 x 2 but all that hollow-position work over the weekend didn't make the upright torso for squatting much fun today.  Will post video later

Onward and upward


No comments:

Post a Comment