Monday, October 1, 2012

RKC Philly 2012

I'm just back from teaching at the Philly RKC, 2012.  I had a well-prepared group of students and it was a pleasure to be their Team Leader.  It was the smallest RKC I've been at lately, 5 teams of about a dozen students each, but that didn't seem to hinder it in any way.  Many thanks to my assistant instructors, Annie Vo and Marshall Roy - I certainly couldn't have done it without them.

The weekend came during a very busy time in my life - I elected to skip a Friday night dinner with the other team leaders and was asleep by 8:30 PM, getting some much needed and overdue rest.

With one exception, my exercise for the weekend consisted of a few brief demonstrations while teaching.  The one exception was a few minutes spent on a pullup bar during a break on Saturday.  I dd some assisted one-arm chinup varations, including with just the index finger of the other hand assisting and placed at the opposite side of a TAPS pullup bar unit.

I'll be home this week although it promises to be again very busy, with lots of piano practice for a recital I'm playing in on Thursday afternoon, accompanying a family friend's daughter at the local high school as she plays a clarinet concerto.  I'm hoping to get two solid powerlifting training days in.

Onward and Upward.

No comments:

Post a Comment