Friday, December 25, 2015

Press, DL

Yesterday, a tiring day at church but otherwise just walking

Today, Friday, Christmas:

Walk a few miles

Trying 18 kg for pressing - left side is just not responding well to pressing, and I'm feeling the need for higher reps.  With 20 kg, 4 reps seems to be all that feels good so, today, it will be 5's (and up) with a 18 kg.  I need some volume, and if I have to go this light to get it, so be it.  (Right side is fine and could be pressing 24 for volume.)

18: mil press, lf: 5, 6, 6, 7 - my left side learned something from my right side today - I must feel the weight in my heels, not evenly distributed, for my press on both sides.  I do this naturally on my right side; adding this to my left side makes my shoulder not become uncomfortable as the reps increase.  My feet are solidly on the ground either way, but keeping my weight on my heels helps me be tighter underneath the weight.

DL:

225 x 1 conventional, double overhand, x 1 each way straddle

275: narrow sumo, double overhand: 1, 2, 3 - slow touch-n-go


No comments:

Post a Comment