Saturday, July 19, 2014

More weighted walking

Yesterday, Friday, had minor surgery - no exercise other than stretching in the AM.  Took a nap in the afternoon.

Today, warmup up with a single set of 40 kg, 2-handed kettlebell swings and some bodyweight-only windmills.  Boy, swings are about the perfect exercise for anything.

Walked for 1 mile with the bar on my back loaded to only 65 lbs., and with just a single stop at about .55 miles (as close as I can figure).  I think it's very important to be able to go the distance and then some easily with a lighter weight.  This was clearly my best day so far in this regard and I still need to be able to go an entire mile in one set, but this is the first time I've covered a mile in only two sets so we'll be happy with the progress.

At the 1 mile mark, put the bar down a second time and did a Zercher carry for about 1/7 mile (about .15) back to our house.  Even with only 65 lbs., this was getting old by the time I was finished..

Onward and Upward

No comments:

Post a Comment