Friday, May 2, 2014

Week 2, Day 5: DL 305 x 6 singles

Food is a funny thing sometimes.  I've been watching my weight, trying to inch down closer to my meet weight for a June 7 PM weigh-in.

Yesterday, I had a big day: up early, take my son to school, walk 2 miles back and forth to grocery store, go to my wife's school to play in a performance of a musical, come home, lift, teach, eat what might be called dinner at 3:45 PM because that's when I had a free half-hour, teach more, head to my wife's school for a second performance of the play, and then eat a bunch of crap afterwards - cookies, cupcakes, drink lemonade, and come home and pick at leftover takeout food my boys had ordered for dinner.

And this morning, I weigh a little less, not more, than yesterday morning.  I think the bottom line here is to trust my gut when it comes to what to eat and when - I guess I needed all those calories at the end of the day yesterday.

Bit of a stiff neck and upper back from sitting at the piano bench so much yesterday - show only has 5 songs and it's a lot of sitting doing nothing in between.

Warmup - walk 2 mi, stretch a little

PU: bw only, 2 slow reps, controlled in both directions, pause at top

Suitcase DL: - there was a bar w/ 135 on it, suitcase DL R, L

neck still stiff

20 kg: mil press, rf, 3

24 kg: 10 two-handed swings - form is improving

neck still stiff - ugh

DEADLIFT starting right under today

225 x 6 singles, warmup and for speed, video:  http://youtu.be/N0bW_YpvT9c

305 x 6 singles, took 4:00, cut out pauses for video: http://youtu.be/ORtq6C8xjiU

and that's all she wrote for today.

Onward, and Upward!



No comments:

Post a Comment