Wednesday, December 4, 2013

More recovery time - partial getups, pullups, windmills, bent presses, swings, pistols, pushups, snatches

I think I'm recovering more from the drive than from the meet, but whatever the reason, I'm still tired.

Yesterday, my first 2-mile walk in almost a week - felt great, also did a pistol each side on the front porch and really lousy one-arm, one-leg pushup single each side, too.

Today, again more floor work and stretching.

Partial getups w/ 10 kg kettlebell.  Did presses from various positions, and left side down actually felt better than it's felt - by which I mean stronger - in a long time.  Lots of odd-angle stretching today, too.

9 x bw-only pullups - I hate high reps but I know I should try them at least once in a while.  12-15 ought to feel like these 9 just felt <sigh>.

mil press: 2 x 20 kg: 5 reps

bw: windmill, rf, 2

20 kg: windmill, rf, 2

Bent Press: empty Oly bar (45 lbs.), right first, total 2 alternating singles each side.

Swings: 2 x 20 kg: 5 reps, grip felt lousy on left side

Swings: 20 kg: 5R,5L,5R,5L, no break

Pistol: a bit of Crane Frolic w/ pistol

also 1-arm, 1-leg pushup on 2nd step, 2 right, 2 left - better than yesterday.

More stretching including cossack sequence, walk

Later, 20 kg snatches: 10L, 10R - haven't done these in forever, took nice, long pauses at the top, tried for perfect form and maximum explosiveness at the bottom.

Overall, feels good to get some exercise again - feel better at end of workout than I did when I started.

Onward and Upward

No comments:

Post a Comment