Saturday, June 14, 2014

Week 7 Only as Pre-Meet Prep

Walk 3 miles

Stretch a little, including some qigong and a pistol each side - pistols were awful and weak but they had a long pause at the bottom, exhale, repressurize and come up.

SQ: showed my wife a front squat, a low-bar, wide stance back squat, and a high bar, narrow stance back squat, and she thought the low-bar, wide-stance looked the best.  Interesting that I find that one the least comfortable, but I will try to do this, just for one or two light attempts, at the meet on June 28.

BP: 125 x 3, 145 x 3, 1 - ugh, I'm awful at these, but we were experimenting with blocks under my feet and I definitely like it, have to get something a little sturdier than the 2 x 4 pieces I used today.

40 kg: 10 x 2-hand swing, pretty solid, actually.

DEADLIFT:

225 x 1 overhand

Per the plan, do the final week of the 7-week DL Singles Cycle based on the new 1RM

260 x 15 singles, starting left under, right over and alternating reps.  Went very well, feel great afterwards.

Onward and Upward

No comments:

Post a Comment