Monday, June 9, 2014

Yesterday 350 lb. DL for WNPF New Jersey State Record M55-59, 67.5 kg, Raw

http://youtu.be/rXripjeGiZ4

The above is yesterday's 2nd Deadlift - 350 lbs. for a new NJ State Record.  The previous record was mine, 345 lb.

The effort wasn't a max but still a tough lift.  I decided to pull again in 3 weeks and see how I do at another fed's meet in PA near where I have family.

Took it easy all day, warmed up w/ 225 x 3, 255 and 285 x 1, pulled a 315 first and 350 second, said thank you to everyone, and went home.

Today, just did a few goblet squats w/ 24 kg to loosen up - trying to decide if I like them with the bell upside down, as shown in Mark Toomey's picture in Easy Strength, or right side up, which is how I usually do them.  Probably good to do them both ways.  Today, did 3 upside down and 3 right side up, and my upper arms were shaking by the end - guess I'm still tired from yesterday.

Walk 3 miles - ah, feels great

Zercher DL: 135 x 1 - ugly, 1 again, this time the best I've done in a while.  Have to focus on stretching hamstrings maximally to get the best start, and to drive the elbows as in a front squat to keep the bar in place.

24 kg: swing, 5R+5L+5R+5L, no break

Onward and Upward

No comments:

Post a Comment