Sunday, July 15, 2012

Training On A Road Trip

We are on a family vacation, probably one of our last because our kids are 15 and 19 years old. Thursday, July 12 - stretch and get on the road, 8 hours of driving. Friday, July 13. Hotel gym had a bench and dumbells, so did a few Marty Gallagher inspired dumbells bench presses with 25's - lower under control, relax and exhale and the bottom, pause, repressurize, and explode up. Felt great, also showed the movement to my 15 year old with 20's and my wife with 15's. Also did qigong including a crane pistol each side, also splits and other stretching. Also double swings with the 12 and 16 we brought - 16 reps, switched, and another 16 reps. Saturday, 14 July. Walked a bit by the water in Petosky, MI, also stretched and did some pushups. Bodyweight getup starts with my wife providing pressure on the outside of my bent kneed. Sunday, 15 July. More getups with my wife providing pressure on my knee and offering feedback about side to side differences. T-spine rotations, as I do almost every day, then press with 16 plus the 12 in one hand for two alternating singles. Then 16 kg snatch, 40L + 40R in 3:02. Off to go kayaking on Lake Michigan.

No comments:

Post a Comment