Thursday, July 26, 2012

SuperJoints, Qigong, Snatches

My plan is alternating days like yesterday - low volume and heavy kb press/pu, barbell FSQ, barbell BP - with days of qigong + snatches/swings.  Today is the latter.

I mix movements from Super Joints with my Crane Frolic Qigong and I throw in a few Z-Health things, too.  Today, my focus was on a good pistol as part of my routine.  I usually do a "crane pistol", which features a 1-leg DL immediately before the pistol - today I did that, and then I just did a second pistol.

My focus in the pistol is on proper dorsiflexion - ankle bending.  I am doing these on my front porch, which has a very slight downward slope, making pistols easier, but I and purposely going _way_ deep, letting the air out and rounding my butt as close to the ground as I can before inhaling to repressurize and restart.  My goal is to increase the volume I can do like this on a single day, then transfer the work to a perfectly level floor and build the volume back up again.  2 each side total after 1 each side two days ago, but the left side, which is where my dorsiflexion is problematic, was _much_ improved today, largely due to my doing the FMS knee-outside-the-stick drill.

20: snatch, same as two days ago but one more set, so 96 reps in exactly 7:00 - started a new 8+8 each 1:15, and alternated which hand went first - six sets total, 3 left first alternated w/ 3 right first.  Lifting time :40-:45, rest :30-35 each set of 16 reps.  The goal is 10 sets or 160 total reps - two day ago, we were halfway there, today 60%.

Onward and Upward!

No comments:

Post a Comment