Sunday, July 22, 2012

Home From Road Trip - Sore Back Saturday, FSQ Sunday

All that driving took its toll, and my lower back was quite sore Saturday, better today but still not completely out of the woods.

Walking really helps my back - my wife and I took a 3-4 mile walk today and that's always a good thing.  I took one more naproxen when I got up but didn't feel the need for it the rest of the day.  I think it was my right hip flexor that was tight - I felt it let go towards the end of the walk and it felt really strange, kind of like someone had a piece of duct tape on my right thigh.

Saturday, 21 July 2012

No lifting, sore back, some McKenzie back exercises and a lot of naproxen.  Exhausted, took a nap, which also helped immensely.


Sunday, 22 July 2012

Front Squats - after the nice walk mentioned above, I helped my 15-year-old front squat then I did the following myself:

135 lbs. x 3, 4, 4, 4 - all very deep and paused briefly.  It's been a few weeks since I've front squatted.  Marty Gallagher's schedule starts with 3 sets of 8 for 24 total reps.  Today I did 15 total reps.  I'm going to try to get in a second FSQ workout this week - I need volume at this lift and 135 lbs. feels like the perfect weight.  Being able to do 3 sets of 8 is a good goal although I may settle for 5 sets of 5 as being more in keeping with my goals.

I need to focus on keeping my right knee pushed out - that's where I have the permanent nerve damage and it's tougher than it otherwise would be for me to control.

I noticed tightness in my right trap/neck, focused on keeping the right shoulder low for the final set, which felt really tight and strong.


No comments:

Post a Comment