Wednesday, July 25, 2012

FSQ, BP, Good KB Press/PU

After a  good previous kettlebell press session trying not to kick my hip out at the sticking point, today I decided to try the 28 kg and see if I could do the same for a few singles.  As usual, I pressed left, then right, then supersetted the same number of pullups as I'd done presses and with the same weight bell.

28: press/pu, 1

My form felt very good - no hip kickout, nice and tight throughout.

My general training method on grind days days is:

1.  KB press/pu - a few

2.  Barbell Front Squat

3.  Barbell Bench Press

1 down, 2 and 3 to go so let's continue:

FSQ: bar x 5
135 x 5 - excellent, first rep slow, the rest easy and bounced from very deep
135 x 5 - felt good, just a little effort on 4th and 5th rep but certainly could have done a couple more
135 x 5 w/ pause on 5th rep.  


That's 15 reps in 3 sets, up from 15 reps in 4 sets the last time, and I'm content to call it a day for this lift - don't want to burn it out, still aiming for high weekly volume, hope to do it again tomorrow.

Dumbbell Press
35's x 3 - pause, exhale, repressurize, press
35's x 8 - not much pause, no exhale at the bottom, but the extended ROM feels just fantastic.  Still getting a click/slip in my left shoulder but it's a good one - it where things are _after_ the click/slip at the bottom that feels like where I'd like them all the time.

BP:
135 x 5 middle fingers on rings - so easy after the db bench
135 x 5 w ring fingers on rings
135 x 5 w/ pinkies on rings
135 x 5 w/ pinkies just inside the rings
135 x 5 w/ a finger's worth of space inside the rings to my pinkies - felt really, really good.

How tightly I clench my glutes makes a huge difference both to how strong my bench feels and to how my back feels afterwards.  Been doing a little bridging right after laying down on the bench, too - such as it is because my bridging is awful ...

Finished with 2 HLR's - forget to mention that I did 1 yesterday.  Trying to keep a narrow grip and elbows locked.

That's it for today, more 20 kg snatches tomorrow.

Onward and Upwards.

No comments:

Post a Comment