Tuesday, July 24, 2012

20 kg snatch, 8+8 in :45, :30 rest, total 80 reps in 5:45 - excellent result today, better when I haven't done other lifting first.  Yesterday's performance with 16 kg felt worse.  I felt fine after this - a bit out of breath but basically OK.

I decided to do this because I was short on time but a good lesson was learned about high-rep snatches - don't lift first or don't expect much if you do.

I bought a pair of 35 lb. dumbbells today - Gawd, I hate buying things like this retail.  The salespeople had the need to chat me up, which wasn't so bad, but trying to make me feel like they were doing me a favor by charging me $1.10 per pound for hex dumbbells - that's something I could have done very nicely without.

Onward and Upward, Comrades - tomorrow, more barbell front squat and dumbbell and barbell bench press.

No comments:

Post a Comment