Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Windmills to 32 kg, volume 16 kb bent presses for form

Monday - busy day, no time for anything but house cleaning, cooking, rehearsals, and teaching.

Tuesday (today)

Wiindmill:

bw x L/R

16 kg x L/R w/ a jerk up

24 kg x L/R w/ a press up

32 kg x 2L/2R w/ a jerk up - a little odd to have 32 kg overhead for the first time in probably a year or more, but other than a very small wobble on the left side, it was good.

Notes - I like moving into the windmill fairly quickly after the jerk or press - helps me stay tighter.

Bent Press:

16 kg kettlebell: just a few alternating sides every 1-3 reps, trying to feel the groove of the movement.  I think I need to stay with this weight for a long time now, until my shoulders in particular get well used to it - the weight isn't heavy but it's somehow doing something in my shoulders that feels weak and unfamiliar.

More of the same: 16 kg x 5L, 5R,

Repeat 5L, 5R - left side still wobbly, still figuring out how rotation of the body forward and inward effects the internal/external rotation of the arm in the shoulder.

Onward and Upward

No comments:

Post a Comment