Monday, September 16, 2013

A Busy Weekend - Figuring the Rest Of Life into the Training Schedule

I thought about lifting last Thursday or Friday but didn't because I knew I had a very tiring weekend coming up, conducting in synagogue.

Just walked on Thursday last week, did another walk on Friday before I left, then spent several hours in the car doing some Philly-area errands before heading to the hotel and then to the synagogue

Saturday, I walked a couple of miles before going to work, and I elected to stay over another night to avoid the problem I have most years with feeling very drowsy in the car on the way home.

Sunday, I walked a couple of miles in the morning, drove home, walked another couple of miles at home.

Today, Monday, more walking, lots of hanging from the pullup bar, stretching, especially getting my back and hips loosened up.  Also did a few 24 kg mil presses and a couple of behind-the-neck pullups, bw-only

I have learned over the years that it's very important for me to not lift heavy the day after anything that tires my back - best just to stretch and get things loosened up and then lift the day after.

Onward, upward, and back on the horse tomorrow or Wednesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment