Thursday, June 6, 2013

SQ and OHP, plus swings

A very busy week - my back was sore from all the driving last Friday.  I had to go to my wife's school twice last Tuesday, the second time as an emergency fill-in for another pianist, the first time for a dress rehearsal and then again on Wednesday for a performance.

I find lifting after performing less than stellar.  For me, performing is all about relaxing, about _not_ feeding tension forward, and about being in the moment.  I don't like to lift later in the same day - it feels much like Pavel says one can feel after practicing contract-release stretching protocols before lifting, like your tightness and stretch reflexes have been reset.

Today, Thursday, much to do - cut the lawn before lifting, also ran some errands, and we'll see how lifting goes:

BP: - not on the schedule but, for fun and extra practice, a triple @ 135 lbs.  Felt good

FSQ: bar x 1

SQ:

bar x 3

135 x 2

185 x 1

205 x 1, 1 on long rest - good, this is heavy but not limit, might even try to do more of these another day


OHP:

bar x 5

95 x 1

105 x 2


24 kg swings: no breaks: 10 x 2-hand, 10L, 10R, 10 2-hand

Onward and Upward

No comments:

Post a Comment