Wednesday, June 19, 2013

A Few DL's, and a few words about making weight the easy way

Today is Wednesday - Friday I drive to the meet, weigh in, and I lift on Saturday.  I haven't lifted much in the last few weeks, so I felt I needed to do something today:

DL: Narrow Sumo on the floor - I've come to realize that I ought to stick with narrow sumo, so I'm going to do that for the meet.

225 x 2 overhand

275 x 1 left under

295 x 1 right under (competition grip)

I put 315 on the bar, but I decided against pulling heavier today.

Overall, I felt my leg drive was good - for me, anyway - in all the pulls, and I'm already thinking - but as yet undecided - about my next lifting cycle.

The focus will be on some pressing for the next few weeks since I have to do those at the StrongFirst Barbell Cert July 12-14, and my bench press is maybe, barely what it needs to be for that.  My standing overhead barbell press is strong enough - I think I've tripled my required weight - and everything else is relatively easy for me.

I also walked a bit today.

A few words on making weight - I have done the simple thing, namely eat moderately and good, wholesome food, for the last month or so, and my weight has comfortably dropped from about 154-155 to 151 this morning after nothing more than asparagus, a natural diuretic, as part of my dinner last night.

I started taking an herbal - "natural" - diuretic pill, X-Pel by MHP, this afternoon.  You take 4 pills twice a day, so it will be this afternoon, twice tomorrow, and either once or twice on Friday.  That's much less than recommended - they suggest a week - because I'm starting so close to my goal weight.

I would like to come in at 147 even or so for this meet's weigh-in because I want to lift at 145 in the international meets of the USAPL, and the weight classes are different: 66 kg instead of 67.5, or 145 lbs. instead of 148.75.  I feel perfectly fine and not like I've been denying myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment