Sunday, June 23, 2013

Missed Meet, some GTG-style easy lifting

Friday, my wife and I drove 3-1/2 hours to a meet in York, PA, where I'd planned to lift as part of Team StrongFirst, but later Friday night, after successfully weighing in, we got a pile of text messages from our 16-year-old, who we'd left at home with the understanding that he was going to stay at a friend's house that night.  Long story short, he got picked up by local law enforcement at an outdoor dance with a reputation for underage drinking, but he wasn't drinking and neither were his friends, and all of them were released later.

But in the meantime, we'd gotten in the car and started back home, so I didn't get to lift this time around.

Saturday, yesterday, a few presses w/ 24 kg plus a few pistols on the front porch.  I have been easing into GTG w/ 24 kg mil presses, 2 each side most times I walk by the bell near our back door.  I added a windmill at the end yesterday.

Today, Sunday, finds me thinking about GTG on

Narrow sumo DL's also, so I did

225 x 3, right under

225 x 3, left under - felt stronger - big focus on leg drive


BP:

135 x 10, brief pause on chest

1A1L PU, 2-step, 1L, 1R, 1L, 1R

BW Pistol: 1L, 1R in combo w/ crane stance posture

Feels like enough for today, will walk later.

Onward and Upward

No comments:

Post a Comment