Thursday, June 13, 2013

Easy DL

I'm pretty sure I'm going to lift DL-only at the June 22 Team StrongFirst meet - I want to save my other lifts for the SF Barbell certification workshop, and I also think I'm going to try and pull narrow sumo for the upcoming meet - there are a lot of things I like about it, even though I got called for hitching for the first time when doing it at the most recent meet.

Today, DL, starting narrow sumo on the floor in Allstars, switched to conventional at the end:

Looking up, and therefore replying more on leg drive, with controlled lowering

225 x 1 right under - felt strong

225 x 1 left under - not as good

225 x 1 right under - again solid

225 x 2 left under - easy

275 x 2 right under - this is where my lack of leg strength starts to show.  The weight goes up but it's slow off the ground and it's more back and less legs than 225 was.

275 x 1 left under - better

305 x 1 - tried narrow sumo but it felt awkward, switched to conventional and up it came using back strength, left under.  I have lost the hip involvement I had when I trained narrow sumo over the winter.

305 x 1 - narrow sumo again, right under this time, was a shaky-legged affair but went up.

Not exactly confidence-inspiring training 9 days out from a meet, but that's life.

And that's it for today - yet another very busy morning, afternoon, and evening ahead, followed by another crazy day tomorrow, followed by another one on Saturday and yet another on Sunday.  Next week looks good, though - hallelujah!

Onward and Upward

No comments:

Post a Comment