Friday, December 14, 2012

Week 1, Day 4 - OHP, PU, DL

For my second overhead press day of the week, I'm going to try a single set of see-saw presses followed by a few weighted pullups, then DL's.

Press

2 x 24 kg: see-saw mil press, lf, 6 each side or 12 total - best set of these in a while.  Setup tension while standing before bending down for the clean - good setup yielded good clean yielded good presses.

Pullup/Chinup

Plan was:

PU: bw + 16 kg on right foot x 5
CU: bw + 20 kg on left foot x 4
PU: bw + 24 kg on right foot x 3
CU: bw + 28 kg on left foot x 2
PU: bw + 32 kg on right foot x 1

Actual


PU: bw + 16 kg on right foot x 5 - as planned
CU: bw + 20 kg on left foot x 4 - as planned
PU: bw + 24 kg on right foot x 2 - 1 fewer than planned
CU: bw + 28 kg on left foot x 1 - 1 fewer than planned

32 kg will wait until next week - haven't done this many pullups in a single workout in a _long_ time - this was a fine effort for today.  If I'm smarter next time, I'll go for fewer reps at the lower weight, e.g., maybe 3 x bw + 12, and then singles at higher weights up to a heavy single for the day.  In retrospect, a poor plan but it could have been a lot worse.

DL:

I'll have to ask Marty about whether I should pull frog style 2x/week or do once frog and once conventional.  My gut says to stick with frog for 13 weeks and then switch to conventional but we'll see what Marty's got to say.

Frog DL: 135 x 3, 205 x 1, 215 x 3 - lost my grip on the bar, 215 x 5
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jky-xAI7n9g

Skipping the 2-hand swings - I realize now I probably have a tired grip from the weighted pullup work before barbell DL's, and heavy swings would be too much today.

Onward and Upward

No comments:

Post a Comment