Friday, September 7, 2012

Variety Day again - 1-arm pushup

I have a big weekend coming up - leave the house at 8 AM, drive 2-1/2 hours, rehearse for 6 hours, stay overnight, 4 hour rehearsal the next day.  I'm going to skip my usual Saturday lifting as this weekend will tire me out more than that would, anyway.

Today, played around with variations on 1-arm pushups.  Used a 12" or so box, tried isometric holds at the bottom but I'm not there yet.  Tried partial ROM on the box, felt pretty good, still not ready to go all the way to the bottom, even on the box.  Switch to a table that's about mid-thigh high - these felt like an appropriate challenge, did several sets of one-arm, two-legged pushups this way.  Like the full range of motion, even if it's a _lot_ easier than the real deal on the floor.

Onward and Upward.

No comments:

Post a Comment