Monday, September 3, 2012

Lesson Learned

The Weekend

Saturday, 6 furniture-slider-assisted 1-arm pushups each side - a small improvement.

Then driving.

Then more driving on Sunday.

Marty emailed - told me I looked burned out on my last FSQ day, Friday, and that I should have skipped it, and I agreed, offering that being disciplined did not give me license to be stupid.  Lesson learned, I hope, and I'll do squats again on Wednesday, a full 5 days rest from that lift instead of the 2 days I had before Friday.

The plan is to get 165 x 5 on the FSQ this Wednesday, I will miss Saturday for out of town rehearsals, and then likely switch to back squats since it'll be about 8 weeks out from the meet on Nov. 4

Monday:

Qigong on the front porch including a single crane pistol each side.

Swings - decided I'm burned out on snatches, swing do some swings today.

0:00 - 5L + 5R
1:00 - 5R + 5L
2:00 - 7L + 7R
3:00 - 7R + 7L
4:00 - 10L + 10R
5:00 - 10R + 10L

Enough for a first swing day - 24 kg feels good, 5's too few, 7s or 8's about right, 10's too much for on the minute for now.

Onward and Upward

No comments:

Post a Comment