Saturday, February 25, 2012

ETK Heavy Day: 4 to 4, 1 to 3, Another 2-Hour+ Workout

Yesterday, Friday, off altogether

Today, Saturday:

Warmup:

BP 95 x 7 - my son has started lifting again, this was on the bar, felt like an OK warmup. Interesting that left shoulder hurt a little for first 2 reps but found a groove and the rest felt fine.

Getup: 24 kg x 3 alternating singles to elbow or hand - left down still worse but gap is slowly closing

ETK ROP Heavy Day:

(1-2-3-4) x 4

(1-2-3) x 1

Finished with 24 kg swings - (4L+4R) x 5 no breaks

Notes: I didn't actually do ladder #2 as written above. Everyone in the room was - at my suggestion - working on their long-neglected bottoms-up clean and press, so I decided to start ladder #2 with a 24 kg single, which in retrospect wasn't such a great idea. Both sides behaved the same - first clean failed, second clean worked and I was able to continue into and complete the press - but the presses were _slow_ and CNS fatiguing, not really what I wanted to do near the beginning of a Heavy Day.

I elected to skip the rungs of 2 and 3 in this ladder - I did the rung of 4 and decided that I'd done just as much work in most senses.

The other ladders were completed as planned.

Again, the workout took over two hours to complete - again, strength without bulk requires patience.

Next weekend, all ladders to 4, and then the real fun begins the week after.

Onward and Upward/

No comments:

Post a Comment