Friday, October 20, 2017

DDD #33 (postponed) - Rings, DL

A bit of a wrinkle in the training.

Tuesday's lifting came after a Monday evening rehearsal, and then some upright bass playing, and my back started to feel a bit off.  Wednesday, a planned off day, found me very stiff, and the tightness moving between mid-upper back and hips.  I took Thursday, yesterday, off as well, and today, Friday, am going to see what things feel like after a light start - if regular weights feel good, we'll do yesterday's planned lifting and then catch up for the missing day tomorrow.  But the most important thing is to not make things worse.

I feel fine today, I'll note - nothing feel sore or tight.

Today, Friday

Rings: StC x 1 - played around a little but no FL

DL:

145 (what was on my wife's bar) x 1, 1 double over - a little sore but nothing terribly unusual

225 x 1 double over on my bar - stupid easy

265 x 1 double over - also easy although slightly slower

285 x 1 double over - also easy

295 x 1, 1, 1, 1  - right under, quick drop and reset at the bottom w/o letting go of the bar

305 x 1, 1 - left under but otherwise as immediately above

320 x 1 - as above but switched to 3 big wheels each side, plus a Barbie :) 2-1/2 on each side.

8 DL's at 70% or better, total 12 DL's today

No comments:

Post a Comment