Friday, April 5, 2013

Week 4, Day 4 - BP and 3" Platform DL 235 x 5 reps x 3 sets

warmup - cossack sequence

On the front porch:

bw pistol, 4 alternating singles including a toe-hold pistol pointing up our very slight incline.

1A1L pushup, 3rd step, rf, 3

bw pistol, 1 alternating single

1A1L pushup, 3rd step, rf, 2

Wall Walk - first time in a while all the way to the floor, makes me dizzy and makes my back hurt but helps my arch

BP: pinkies inside the rings, good pauses

95 x 8

115 x 4

135 x 6, 6, 6, 6 - if not 3 sets of 8, then 4 sets of 6 gets me the same total reps.  For the last set, lowered with less tension - definitely easier to get the bar back up but not sure if it's good preparation for a heavier weight.

DL - conventional on 3" platform, all touch as lightly as possible and then go up as quickly as possible

225 x 1 - back still tight from BP.  Tried to setup at the top, doesn't work for me at all any longer, don't know why I thought it would this time.

225 x 2 - better

235 x 5 r/u (right under, my weaker grip), x 5 o (double overhand) - right hand losing it by end, x 5 l/u (my strongest grip.  3 sets of 5, up from 2 sets of 5 on Tuesday = good

video of final set: http://youtu.be/pRi9LE9htiA

That's enough for today - no abs and swings, don't want to be totally fried.

Onward and Upward



No comments:

Post a Comment