Thursday, March 8, 2012

Light and Medium Days

Sunday, 4 March 12 - I was up early to play as a substitute organist in church for a friend of mine, and my stomach felt less than 100% when I got home, so no Variety Day, just a nap and an Off Day instead.


Monday, 5 March 12 - ETK Light Day:

(1-2) x 4 and (3) x 1 - no swings, still a little weak and tired from yesterday's stomach bug, but otherwise an uneventful workout.


Tuesday, 6 March 12 - Variety:

Rolling to warmup, then

5 x 16 kg getups each side - did 5 in a row on each side instead of alternating, all to elbow or hand only. Left side down is still worse, and the focus is still on the down elbow for me, not the weight overhead.

Windmills with 18 then 28 kg, 3 each weight each side. Haven't gone heavier than 24 kg in a while but these felt fine.

Bent Press: 28 kg, a mix of failures and successes, all left side reps failed. Left side is where I have a torn labrum, arthritis, and other shoulder issues and I'm content with today's effort. I have form/firing issues that this kind of work addresses and I'm going to keep working on these. I'm glad I let a bent press fail with a weight I can military press - if I'd wanted to cheat on my bent press form, I could have completed the lifts.


Wednesday, 7 March 12 - ETK Medium Day

2 mile walk.

Running short on time so instead of 5 x (1-2-3) I did, which left me one rep shy of the planned total but was otherwise harder so I'm content.

(1-2-3) x 2
(3-3) x 1 (equal to planned 4th ladder reps)
5 x 1 (1 rep shy of planned 5th ladder reps)

No swings, will do another snatch workout on variety day tomorrow as I did last week.

Onward and Upward

No comments:

Post a Comment