Saturday, December 1, 2012

USAPL Meet Report

My deadlift went up 7 lbs. and felt easier than the lower weight did 13 days ago.  Squat and BP were a wash, not awful, not great.  Details:

SQ:  1st attempt was about 200 lbs. - meet was in kilos which I found hard to keep track of.  I made it, 3 white lights.  2nd attempt failed on depth - if it wasn't deep enough, it was close, IMHO.  Third attempt found me having a "senior moment" and I forgot to wait for the start command so no lift.

BP:  First attempt 77.5 kg, about 175 lbs., good.  Second attempt 82.5 kg, about 183 lbs., also good but left shoulder didn't feel great during the press and it was slow so I elected to skip my third attempt.

DL:  First attempt 142.5 kg, 314 lbs. good - had warmed up with singles to 300 lbs.  Second attempt, which I planned to be my last, went for 155 kg or 342 lbs. and got it - it was surprising in that I clearly had more left in me but I didn't want to be a pig about things and my wife and I had family to visit on the way home, so that was it - packed up and left.

Other:

Food and weigh-in:  weighed in a 67.1 kg or 147.9 lbs., good as the limit was 67.5 kg or 148.7 lbs.  Was plenty hungry and thirsty, so had hotel breakfast enough for 2-3 people: 3 omlettes, bacon, potatoes, lots of water, lots of coffee.

Support:  My wife came with me, and Phil Scarito was there with his girlfriend, a friend of hers, and even Phil's father was there for some of it.  It was great to have them all around, and I felt like I was able to be of some help to Phil, which I was very glad to do.

Notes - bench press was OK, my technique is solidifying.  Squatting find me still pretty clueless - looking forward to a solid 13 weeks of front squats starting next week.  Deadlift - video

DL 2nd:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TFm55Bz_Otc

Onward and Upward

1 comment:

  1. Great work at the contest Steve! I enjoyed reading the detailed report of your day.

    Ben Edwards

    ReplyDelete