Saturday, December 8, 2012

Another Variety Day

Still taking it wasy from the meet, but in ramp-up mode as the training week in earnest starts tomorrow or Monday.  I was able to pick up a pair of 25 lb. dumbbells yesterday from craigslist and use them today.

DB BP: 25's x 7 - paused and exhaled but not quite the brutally long pauses of a couple of days ago.  Wow, this is _such_ a good stretch.  Each and every time I do these, the first few reps don't feel good on my left shoulder, and each and every time I do them, by the time the set is over, my left shoulder feels fantastic.  Nice to have 25's - they're the right weight for me to start with - 20's are too light.

16: windmill, lf, 3 - haven't done these with weight in a while, should do them more often.  Don't I always say that every time I do weighted windmills?

16: bent press, lf, 1 - hey, these are better, t-spine works better, had a nice pop/click on each side as I did these, form was basically OK.

20: bent press, lf, 1, left side was better, right side form sloppy somehow although not quite sure how.

24: bent press, lf, 1, left side was good, right not so good although it did go up - that's backwards from how my bent presses usually are.  Think I wasn't really resting on my lat at the start.

That'll do it for now.

Onward and Upward

No comments:

Post a Comment