Wednesday, December 5, 2012

4 Days Post-Meet: Getups

Cossack sequence to warmup.

Getups - alternating singles to half-kneeling, starting with weight in left arm: bw-only, 10 kg, 14 kg, 20 kg,    Floor press on left side didn't feel particularly good, but w/ weight in right, stability on left was improved from what I remember - good.  Should try to get these in at least once a week - it's a great exercise.  Also felt the restricted movement in my neck looking to the right, much as I do when doing windmills with the weight in my right hand.  ROM is barely acceptable and needs to improve.  After these, left shoulder seems to have gotten a much-needed stretch - feels "lit up" in a good way, blood flowing, relaxed.

Good feedback from Marty this morning in email about my first attempts at frog DL - will try to implement next time I do these although I'm not sure if that will be before the end of next week.

Still in "relax, play, restore" mode after the meet.  Will not exercise further, have a long day ahead, will try to get a long hot shower in before I have to leave the house.  Two days in a row of swings - enough, rest day today.

Onward and Upward

No comments:

Post a Comment