Monday, December 10, 2012

Week 1 of 13, Day 1

I'm considering a Mon/Tue, Thu/Fri program where I'd squat and press on Mon/Thu and overhead press and DL on Tue/Fri.   My minimum is once a week per lift.  If I squat twice, they'll all be front squats; if I bench press twice, one will be barbell and the other dumbbell; if I deadlift twice, once will be frog and once will be conventional, I think - not sure about that one.  And for overhead pressing, that remains to be seen - could be one press day and one pullup day, e.g..

OHS: stick x 8, empty bar x 3

Read Pavel's blog on the Zercher Squat and had to try them:
ZSQ: 135 x 2, 2 w/ DL start/finish - ugh, these are not fun

Main work of the day: FSQ and DB BP

FSQ:
bar x 3
95 x 8
135 x 5 - paused, felt rock solid

DB BP:
20's x 5 - 3-breath exhales

30's x 8, 8 - paused, most exhaled (if the groove doesn't feel right, I'll just press it back up again without a long pause or exhale)

48: 2-hand swings, single set of 9 reps experimenting with form, rooting, hip angle, etc.

Onward and Upward

No comments:

Post a Comment