Tuesday, December 4, 2012

3 Days Post-Meet

I thought I posted yesterday but I can't find it.

Sunday, 1 day post-meet, no exercise, eat everything in sight.

Monday, 2 days post-meet, some overhead squats with a stick and an empty Oly bar, plus some barbell FSQ with 95 lbs. Finished with 48 kg 2-hand swings, 3 sets of 5 on the :60.  Felt great.  Again, ate a lot.

Tuesday, today:

16 kg kettlebell - 5 bottoms-up clean-and-presses each side, alternating sides.  Felt great.  An interesting observation - if the weight is light enough, the exercise is what it should be, about grip and not about balance.  I noticed that, as I started, I wasn't locking my knees - I fixed that by reminding myself that the bell would be where it needed to be by virtue of my strong grip, not my swaying underneath it like a snake charmer - problem solved.

PU: bw + 24 kg bell on belt, 3 singles - used false grip on Oly bar on rack

DL: Tried Inaba "frog" style, 3 "sets" of 2 singles @ 225, video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yfp2wCuNkoA

48 kg: 2-hand swings, 5 sets of 5 on the :45.  Balance was a little iffy on 3rd and 4th set as I experimented with stance.

Onward and Upward

No comments:

Post a Comment