Sunday, April 19, 2020

Light DL

My first post in 5 days - I tweaked my lower back. How? Mostly really pushing windmills hard, because even though I use a light weight, I was working against my own inflexibility and ended up over-rotating my lumbar spine.

Two days ago, on Friday, I tried a few deadlifts with 105 lbs. and they didn't feel good. I also tried taking some naproxen and it didn't help, almost made it feel worse.

Yesterday afternoon, I started naproxen again, and continued it today, and just now, I did the following deadlift sessions.

bar x 2 narrow sumo, x 2 conventional

repeat above with 65, 85, 105 lbs.

x 3 narrow sumo, x 3 conventional with 115, 135, and 155 lbs.

Was able to move quickly, felt great to deadlift, felt great to get some volume in, albeit with barbie-for-me weights. Certainly could have done more but don't have any need to rush this recovery. 4 days after a pretty serious tweak and difficulty doing much of anything, this kind of deadlifting workout is right on schedule.

No comments:

Post a Comment