Monday, November 23, 2015

Press, DL

Saturday - a number of light deadlifts while working with a client

Sunday - a very long day but no exercise other than a walk.

Monday, today:

Sometimes it's OK to double a "normal" workout volume, if "normal" is an everyday amount and percentage.  That's what I did today, mostly because it will be difficult for me to find time to lift tomorrow, but also because it felt really good today.  My form on my left side, while it's still not correct all the time, is rapidly improving.

The problem is that, on my left side, I catch the bell in too hollow a position, and then have to open up during the press - not what I want.  I'm developing the confidence to "clean tall" or maybe that should be "rack tall" on my left side, and the presses are better.  My left side is still odd, and there is still a pronounced sticking point that just shouldn't be there because my groove isn't good for me yet, but the better rack position will also mean I have to find a pressing groove to go with it, and so I shall!

20 kg: mil press, lf, 4 + PU  x 3 @ bw + 12 kg

20 kg: mil press, lf, 6 + PU x 1 @ bw + 16 kg - really good.

24 kg: mil press, lf, 3 - first triple in a while w/ this, good

20 kg x 2: mil press, 4 - good!

12+10 kg: mil press, 3 - a stacked press

DL:  255, narrow sumo, touch-n-go, double overhand: 5, 3

Playing with hooks of fingers or tighter grip.

No comments:

Post a Comment