Friday, August 26, 2016

Press

Friday:

Walk a couple of times

Friday of Prep Cycle #2, Week 1: need 15 reps today

21.14 x 3, 24 x 1, 28 x 1 (5)

28 kg single was interesting - it went like this:

clean left - didn't feel good so didn't try the press, but put the bell down, waited a few seconds and
clean right, press right, and waited a bit.  The press was slow but it went
cleaned left but again, it didn't feel good, so walked away for a few minutes
came back, clean left and press left.  Again, the press was slow but I fought it out and got it.

Conclusion: I am fortunate to be able to self-diagnose and self-teach enough to have fixed my crappy clean on my left side.  I must clean better with the lighter weights if I want to keep making progress with the heavier ones.

21.14 x 4, 24 x 1 (10)

Had planned another 21 then 24 but it felt good to do 24 back to back and then finish with a backoff set

24 x 2, 21.14 kg x 3 (15), avg 22.36 kg, HARI 79.9%

Working on my clean w/ 24 and 21 kg, did a really slow, controlled negative after the double @ 24 kg, not terribly comfortable on left side but that's life with arthritis in my shoulder.

NB: No swings today, might DL tomorrow, think I overdid the partial ROM DL's on Wednesday and also the pullups.

No comments:

Post a Comment