Saturday, June 27, 2015

Some extra squatting

A day off, in principle, but my SQ really stinks and is starting to get the better of me in my Steinborn/Inman training, so I thought I'd work on it a bit.

Found a video from Dave Dellavane (sp?) about the Steinborn, which was helpful to watch - didn't really tell me anything I didn't already know, but it was nice to have confirmation from someone about the trade-offs involved in one's form in this lift.

Practiced some of his "touch the bar to the ground alternating sides" drill.

Did some SQ - warmed up w/ bar, then did 135 lbs. for doubles, deep, paused, exhaled on some but not all reps.  Definitely harder to come back up when starting without being tight at the bottom.  Did

2 reps, one tight and one exhale/relax

2 reps, both relaxed

3 reps, all relaxed

3 reps, all relaxed - explored looking up, which helps some but also makes me shift the weight to my heels, which isn't good, want a balanced distribution on the foot.

No comments:

Post a Comment