Friday, October 25, 2013

Variety - Swings

Had a 3-hour dress rehearsal last night, and have a concert tonight, so today is another Variety Day.

Stretch

Walk about 1.5 mi.

7 explosive 2-hand swings w/ 32 kg, active rest until fully recovered, 7 of the same but with 36 kg.  Both sets felt fantastic, and I feel better than I did before I did them - excellent.

Rest, repeat w/ 1 arm swing w/ 24 kg - 7 left, active rest, 7 right.  Again, feels great, but noticing that grounding w/ right-handed swings isn't as good as w/ left, so

Rest, repeat above but right side first - better.  Thinking about pushing through my left foot helps my right foot stay more solidly on the ground - go figure but it works.

42 swings without even breathing hard - nice.

Onward and Upward


No comments:

Post a Comment