Thursday, January 24, 2013

Week 7, Day 3 - FSQ 185 x 1, 2 and BP 175 x 2

Morning performance to play, plus errands, we'll try lifting and see how it goes.

Tried shoulder dislocates w/ a stick but had a stiff neck - neck work, Egyptians, cossack sequence, shoulder dislocates again, this time they went.

FSQ:

bar x 2, 4

135 x 5 - paused and exhaled.  I think this is the first time I've done a set of 5 paused/exhaled FSQ @ 135 lbs.

155 x 1, 175 x 1 - only short rest between

185 x 1 - slow but will try to get another single in a few minutes

185 x 2 - hey, I was hoping for another single, but on the first single, I felt tight and the lift felt easy so I did another - nice, nice, nice!  Enough of this weight for today, 3 total is up from 1 total just last week.

155 x 4 - paused, again one rep more than last week, excellent result, could have gotten a 5th rep but didn't want to be a pig about it.

DB BP:  25's x 5 - several breaths on each

BP:

bar x 5 - paused and exhaled

135 x 3 - paused

155 x 1 - paused

175 x 3 - nope, got 2 reps, got the 3rd up and moving but it feels like my right shoulder just isn't tight and I had to have my spotters (my 2 sons) take it. <sigh>  This is the third - third! - time I've tried 175 x 3 and failed on the 3rd rep.

Oh well, we'll go on with doubles for next workout.

Hey, maybe a back-off set - 155 x 3, paused

OK, another back-off set - 135 x 3 - longer pauses but still no exhale.  135 exhaled is maybe a new frontier to conquer - soon ....

Let's try some kettlebell pressing, which I cut out a week or two ago - it'll be back-off training instead of before the barbell work.

24: mil press, lf, 2 - OK, that works, can try for more reps next time, will keep mil press and not c&p format because it more specifically addresses my goals.  Long pause at the top of each rep, stretch, aahh.


Onward and Upward





No comments:

Post a Comment