Sunday, August 19, 2012

Sunday - Walk, Handstands and One-Armed Pushups

Walked a couple of miles w/ my wife in the AM, later stretched and did.  Some stretching on the front porch - bayonet stick shoulder stretch from SJ (been doing this one more lately), cossacks, OHS w/ stick, etc.

Assisted 1-arm pushups: used furniture slider for assisting hand where the elbow is kept locked.  I moved the assisting hand straight to the front - to the side gives more assistance.  Last time I did these, I did 3 each side.  This time, 5 each side, then 2 more, then 2 more.  Form improving, strength at this movement improving.  Thank you, Max Shank - this is a great way to work up to (or back to, in my case) a one-armed pushup.

Handstand: wall-supported for the most part, 3 x 20-second holds on the wall, a few quasi-free-standing but not really, more like abortive attempts that took a while to fall down.  I find it difficult to get all the way to heels on the wall without breaking my elbow locks - I seem to break my elbows slightly when getting to the final hold position - a thing to work on for sure.  Working the wall-supported version with locked elbows also challenges my wrist flexibility - working this version up to a full minute seems like the next logical step.

Onward and upward, and snatches tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment